If you like pickled things and soy sauce and jalapeños, you should totally do this. My friend Sherry showed me how to make these when she was visiting and they are super easy…
(Apparently I haven’t yet mastered the iPhone post, as all the photos appear at the bottom…at least they’re in order…)
1. Get some fresh jalapeños. (apparently they turn red if you forget about them for a while…)
2. Cut them into rings.
3. Fill a jar with the rings (seeds and all).
4. Fill jar half way with distilled white vinegar.
5. Fill the rest of the way with water.
6. Put on a tight lid.
7. Shake and put in the fridge for 8 days.
8. On the eighth day, strain out all the liquid, keeping all the jalapeños in the jar and fill the jar completely with soy sauce. Leave in the fridge for 30 days and then enjoy!
(I’m told they are really good on rice and stuff but I wouldn’t know because I don’t like jalapeños!)
Plus, when they’re all gone, you have some spicy soy sauce! (mark it well though…the girls went an extra step with the pink hair band so there would be no confusion about which was which)